Benefits of Prairie Fire Soy Wax Candles:
• Clean burning. No toxins, carcinogens, xeno estrogen compounds, or pollutants which means our candles are less likely to trigger allergies or cause headaches. And no petroleum-carbon soot like you get from petroleum byproduct paraffin candles.
• Last longer. Soy wax has a lower melt point which means that you can enjoy your soy wax candle for generally 30-50% longer than a paraffin candle.
• Supports our fellow American farmers instead of foreign oil conglomerates/nations.
• Biodegradable and water soluble. Since our candles are made out of soybeans, they are naturally biodegradable which makes accidental spills easier to clean with just hot water, soap and some elbow grease. No chemicals required.
• Continuously stimulates the economy by utilizing a natural, sustainable, renewable resource.
• Our soy wax is organic and certified kosher. It contains no herbicides, pesticides, or genetically modified materials.
• We blend our scents using organic essential oils.
• We never use dyes in any of our products. Where do they go when you burn them? Clean air includes no dyes being introduced into the air, your home, or your furniture.
• No lead or zinc cored wicks. All of our wicks are made of American organic cotton.
Prairie Fire Organic Soy Wax Candles vs. paraffin candles
Paraffin wax is currently the most widely used candle wax. (Often hidden as a soy blend without a disclosure of the blend contents. As little as 1% soy can be in a soy blend. Why won't they let you know the contents?) Paraffin is the leftover by-product from the petroleum refining process. Studies have shown that this petroleum by-product can release the same harmful carcinogens into the atmosphere as your car produces when gasoline is burned. When a paraffin candle is burned, it produces a toxic petrol-carbon soot, which can blacken walls, furniture, ceilings, and contaminate the ductwork in your home. This soot goes into the air you breathe and can be hazardous to your health. (You wouldn't let car exhaust in your home, why burn it in a candle?) California passed Proposition 65 in 1986 to protect California citizens and the state's drinking water sources from chemicals known to cause cancer, birth defects, or other reproductive harm. It also serves to inform citizens about exposures to such chemicals. Paraffin candles can contain up to eleven of these known carcinogenic compounds. These eleven compounds have been identified as 'toxic air contaminants' by the state of California.
Since we began making candles in 2008 we have only used organic American grown soybeans for our wax. (which don't contain carcinogenic compounds) and we only use fragrances that are completely phthalate and xeno estrogen free complying with the requirements of California Proposition 65. Why Dye? We NEVER use dyes in any of our products. Like the byproducts of paraffin, they also should never be in the air you breathe. Our candles contain no petroleum and we use natural American grown organic cotton wicks. We never conduct animal testing and we choose to only use suppliers that can guarantee the same degree of ethical standards. Our organic soy wax is certified kosher, contains no herbicides or pesticides, contains no genetically modified material, is 100% biodegradable and produces no petrol-carbon soot. With a lower melt point, Prairie Fire Candles burn up to twice as long as most paraffin candles. The choice is clean. . . Prairie Fire Candles are the way to go for a healthier, happier home environment.
Clean Ingredients = Clean Burning = Clean Breathing (And Clean, Happy Homes!)